ActrTapsee doesn’t agree with ‘second lead’ concept

Actress Taapsee has signed up to be part of two multi-starrers in Tamil – Vishnuvardhan’s project with Ajith, Arya and Nayanthara, and Sundar C’s next with Vishal and Varalaxmi. While she is glad that she’s getting to experiment with her roles in Kollywood, there’s one thing that the Aadukalam actress doesn’t quite agree with – the concept of playing the second lead!

Refuting reports that are in circulation in tinsel town, which says she’s playing the second lead in the Ajith flick, and Varalxmi plays the second lead in the Vishal flick, she says, “I don’t understand the concept of playing a second lead in a film. I’ve read the script of Sundar C’s film, and I know what our characters are like. None of us play the conventional ‘second lead’ in the film. I don’t know how people arrive upon the second lead idea. While in my Telugu film ‘Mr Perfect’, I was called the second lead because I had less screenspace, even in Veera, though I had more screenspace, I was still called the second lead!”

 
 
 

Label

Label

Labels