Tom Hardy Says THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Is Watertight!


Anticipation is certainly keeps running high for Christopher Nolan's trilogy-ending saga of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. In an exclusive interview with Total Film, Tom Hardy who plays Bane, has a few words regarding about the movie. Here's what he had to say about being chosen by Nolan to play the villainous Bane.

"Hang on a minute. You're asking me to come round the world with you in a Batman movie, playing a villain, and the only downside to it is I have to wear a mask? Hmmm, let me think. I'll get back to you… No, I'm f**king there, man! Anything you need."

Okay, so for those who read the Batman comics will know that Bane remains best known as "The Man Who Broke The Bat" in the Knightfall mini-series. Are we going to see Batman suffer any spinal injuries at all?

"Mmmmm… Good lead-in, but all I can say is that Chris has a plan up his sleeve that's not at all disappointing. And that is a definite choice that's watertight in every respect. I think Bane's fucking cool so I'm really excited to play him. It's not the guy in Joel Schumacher's film, but it shouldn't disappoint fanboys…"

In the meantime, Tom Hardy doesn't feel pressure at all since he'll be eventually compared to the late Heath Ledger who immortalized the role of Joker in THE DARK KNIGHT.

"No, none at all. Brilliant actor, brilliant work – that's it. I've got a job to do. It's the same with Mad Max and Mel Gibson. I'm not here to engage in a competition with their talent. It's to play the character that I've been given."

Lastly, he also has something to say about wearing the mask for his role.

"Any time you put something over your face, you're going to adopt a personality and a physicality that has nothing to do with acting. It allows a performance to be free."


--
Posted By Blogger to NEW CINE BUZZ at 8/05/2011 08:56:00 PM

 
 
 

Label

Label

Labels